Thursday, August 16, 2007

WOW! I can't believe the summer is gone!


This summer went by so fast. I cannot believe that and to think that I have already arrived back from California makes happy but sad as well. The people at West Coast Baptist Church made me feel as though that church was my home so naturally I made it my home. I was amazed at how many little things changed here at Fairhaven.


Yesterday, was a day of mixed emotions. I came to love my church back home in California so naturally when I came here, yes I was excited to be back, but it did not feel the same. I will always love Fairhaven expecially for what they have done for me and how I have been changed because of so many folks praying for me but something was different when I got here. It did not feel like home. Please do not misunderstand me, I feel so bad saying this especially after the rumors of the last year. Fairhaven is probably the best churches if not the best church in the world. The Lord has blessed so much. I just wanted to clear that up before moving on. Please if anyone feels that I ought to change the wording a little please let me know.


Anyways, it is sad that we have to clarify ourselves like that otherwise folks will take us out of context and say how we hate Fairhaven and that is not what I want because I do not hate it I love it.


Back to my point, for instance, just imagine going to a church for the summer that runs right around 300, and then coming to Fairhaven and walking into the auditorium. I walked in last night and I felt so small. I felt like the place was huge and it seemed as if it had grown over the summer. I know the building had not grown at all but it was just that feeling from being in a small church for so long. I came to love that small church atmosphere. I felt so bad last night thinking that my church back home was having church and I was not there in church with them. It was Wednesday evening and I was not in church. Well, I sure I will get used to having church on Thursday again.


Another thing that got me was the fact of how green everything is around here. I saw about two drops of rain all summer and the first night that I got back; it poured rain. It was so humid but when noticing all the greenery, I was reminded that in Southern Cal. we do not have that much greenery unless we water it consistently, constantly. We have grass but it definitely doesn't grow very tall. The only thing that grows tall is the weeds. Anyways, it is good to be back here for school. I am glad to be back.


I truly hope and pray that no one took this post in the wrong way. I cannot repeat myself enough, I am one hundred percent behind Fairhaven and my pastor here. It is just after being in a small church atmosphere, I fell in love with it.

No comments: