Monday, June 09, 2008

Canada 6/3/08 p.m.

We had a great time today. We just got back from the print shop. I went visiting with Elsa's brother tonight. He is so funny and I think that he had a good time. At least I enjoyed being with him. After visitation tonight, we went back over there to do a few last things. The weather is similar to Indiana. It is humid and has actually been raining tonight rather hard, too. We finished visitation a little bit early due to the rain. Tomorrow, we will be all working on a booklet for new Christians that they would like to print. They want us to read the lessons and make about 10 to 15 questions for each lesson to put at the end of the lesson. We will then go out door knocking until the service tomorrow night. Mike Simmons and Tony Young are preaching tomorrow night, so it should be a good service. I am looking forward to it.

I wanted to tell you about a little girl that I saw tonight. I thought you might like this story. She came running up close to the little apartment that I was standing at and stopped by a flower garden. I followed her gaze down to the ground and noticed a bird that had died there on the ground. Being the little child that she was, i thought it was just some bird. As her friends came running up she pointed at the bird. Then she looked at me and sadly said, "I was taking care of that bird." She almost started crying. It was just some bird that she caught and had been feeding it. It got loose and then ended up dying. I asked if she had named it and she said, "No!" Then she quietly turned and walked away with her head down. I felt so bad for her. I got to talk to her dad though for a little while about salvation though. He said that he would like someone to come by later to talk to him but he was moving and did not know where to.

No comments: